Thursday, February 17, 2011

February Stampers' Night Out!

Last night The TOPICS! met for our February Stampers' Night Out! I always love this event because it's extremely laid back! We simply meet for dinner, engage in a card swap, and talk stamps - my favorite things to do! Our TOPICS! of discussion last night were the convention coming up in July, the Leadership Conference in January in San Antonio, the birthday discount that Stampin' Up! is offering to all demonstrators during their birthday month - and of course we talked about the swaps! In my usual fashion, I managed to get away from Stampers' Night Out without a picture of Vicky Skillman's swap or Dawn Stark's swap (even though her swap was in my possession for over 24 hours - go figure!), so if you gals can send me a picture of your swap, I'll be happy to include it in this post. My personal favorite was Dawn Stark's swap - a beautiful, beautiful butterfly card, so I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of it. All of the swaps, however, were fabulous! The TOPICS! has been producing some really nice swaps and it's wonderful to leave with them in your hot little hands! The picture below is Karrilyn Ringnald's swap - and she won third place, so she got to pick out a prize! I believe she selected the "Every Moment" stamp set! Karrilyn, I know you'll be able to make some fantastic cards with that set! When Cathy Vogel walked in, she had a vase filled with these flowers. We all thought she was bringing in fresh flowers......until we realized they were made from paper. This was her swap! They look just like Gerber Daisies. Cathy won first place for her swap below, so she got to pick out a prize! I believe she selected the Level 3 Hostess Set - Occasional Quotes!
The picture below is Pam Davenport's swap. Pam always makes the prettiest cards - and her craftsmanship is impeccable! Pam won second place for her swap, so she got to pick out a prize, and I believe she selected the Trinket Crowns and the Trinket Keys! Have fun playing with those, Pam!
The picture below is Kirsteen Gill's swap. Isn't it gorgeous? There are tiny little pearls on either side of the "friends" that make this card look so dainty. Sorry for the poor quality of the photo - I had to take it in my car!
The picture below is Aida Pabon's swap. I love red and pink together! This is another picture I had to take in my car, so I apologize for the poor quality of the photo. The card is much cuter in real life!
The picture below is Peggy Rios' swap! The colors just really POP and I think it's a beautiful card. This is another photo I had to take in my car. We all had a fun time and it was great to see all of you. You are a fun group to hang out with and I look forward to doing it again! Thanks for your participation in our Stampers' Night Out! Why, even Peggy Rios and Melinda Schiller were there, which makes it a special occasion for me! We don't get to see them very often!

1 comment:

Carole Bryson said...

Hi Penny ! I'm new to your blog, and just have to say that I adore your creations - I'll be a frequent visitor !

I love how pleased you are for your downline's achievement, and it gives me inspiration for when I get my own team up and running.

Very many thanks for sharing your love of crafting. Carole xx (UK)