Monday, March 28, 2011

Botanical Gazette 3D Book!

When I was looking on Stampin' Connection one day - which is a site dedicated to Stampin' Up! demonstrators - I came across this incredible 3D book and was chomping at the bit to make one. I purchased the tutorial from http://www.butternutsagedesigns.blogspot.com/. I'm not at liberty to share the instructions with you. If you would like those details, you will need to purchase the tutorial directly from that blog. I changed my book a bit - just some of the colors used so they would coordinate nicely with the Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper. I also changed the book dimensions to accommodate full-sized cards and envelopes. I believe the original tutorial is for notecard-sized cards and envelopes. I also purchased library pockets to go on the inside cover of my book and then placed a piece from the Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper into the library pocket (the paper that resembles a library card). Isn't it wonderful? I could sit and look at it all day. This kind of thing makes me happy. We made this 3D book at my Spring is in Full Swing Camp Wannastamp and then placed our "Nature Walk" cards into the book. Life is good! To order Stampin' Up!'s amazing products, visit my 24/7 online store at http://www.pennythomas.stampinup.net/ and click on "Shop Now."

1 comment:

-Susan- said...

Great book you have made. Don't you just love Donna and all her wonderful ideas? I have purchased several of her tutorials and they are worth every penny...Penny! :) You have been one busy stamper. Just about went into shock when I logged onto your blog today. Hope you post a photo of the full bloom on your palm tree. I had no idea they even had a flower. Very curious to see it!