Monday, August 27, 2012

Spice Cake Fabric Paper Snips Holder


When we attended the convention this past summer, this is one of the projects they shared with us - a SUPER no-sew fabric project!  I am excited to use our fabric without sewing because me and my sewing machine don't have the greatest relationship!  Using the Spice Cake Designer Fabric with our new Brushed Bronze Designer Buttons makes a great combo for a fall project.  Wouldn't this idea be cute using our Candlelight Christmas Designer Fabric and putting candy canes in the pocket?  Or how about our Orchard Harvest Designer Fabric and putting pencils in the pocket for a great back-to-school teacher gift?  This project is super-easy, too!  It uses the Petal Cone Die and some Sticky Strip and you're done!  The recipe is below.  To order these great products from me, visit my 24/7 online store at www.pennythomas.stampinup.net and click on "Shop Now."

Recipe:

Paper:  Cardboard Template - 6-1/2 X 5-3/4 (this is the size of the Petal Cone Die)  I lay out my fabric, trace around the cardboard template, and cut out the squares
Stamps:  None
Inks:  None
Miscellaneous:  Spice Cake Designer Fabric; Big Shot Fabric Adhesive Roll; iron; Big Shot Machine; Petal Cone Die; Sticky Strip; Scissors; Brushed Bronze Designer Buttons; Linen Thread - 7" long; Crystal Effects (to glue the button to the pocket)

No comments: