Monday, March 25, 2013

Mother Hen and Baby Chick Sample


Well, from what I understand, chickens are all the craze!  Don't know particularly why, but I thought I'd try my hand at making some!  I was inspired by a Mother Hen I saw designed by Amanda Mertz.  I offered this pair at my Fresh and Clean - it's Spring Camp Wannastamp and they were fun to make!  They look so cute sitting on a shelf in my recipe cabinet - makes it feel like Easter and spring!  All supplies used and shown are from Stampin' Up!  The recipe is below:

Recipe:

Paper:  Summer Starfruit - 5-1/2 X 4-3/4; Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper scrap (for the wings); Very Vanilla scrap (for the tag); Real Red Scrap (for the.......well.....hen parts!); Early Espresso scrap (for the beak); Summer Starfruit - 3 X 1 - scored at 1" and 2" (for the Mother Hen stand); Summer Starfruit - 1 X 1/2" - scored at 1/4" and 3/4" (for the Baby Chick stand)
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks:  Early Espresso
Miscellaneous:  Big Shot; Ovals Collection Framelits; Full Heart Punch (for the Mother Hen wing); Stampin' Dimensionals; Vintage Faceted Button; Mini Glue Dots; Early Espresso Baker's twine - 5" long; Craft Scissors; Word Window Punch; Paper Snips; Paper Piercer with Mat; Stampin' Sponge; SNAIL Adhesive; Small Heart Punch (for the Baby Chick wing); Merry Minis Punch Pack - the Star Punch (for the beaks); Scallop Oval Punch (for the Baby Chick); Rhinestone Jewels; Simply Scored Scoring Tool

4 comments:

richardbreaks said...

This is adorable!! How very clever you are!

Pam said...

I'm loving these chicks. I want some.

Unknown said...

Can your share how they stand up?

Unknown said...

Never mind after READING, I see your instructions! I just got so excited.