Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"Baby, We've Grown" Cards

Over the past weekend, I got into a real baby card frenzy.  It's probably because we are going to see my daughter's OB/GYN tomorrow and I want to take some cards to him to give to his patients who have delivered babies.  I'm not sure how they will feel about sending baby cards to their new moms, but I think it's a very special thing to do, and who wouldn't enjoy receiving a hand-stamped card in the mail, especially when it's so cute?  I got this card idea from Ilina Crouse, although I changed it up a bit by adding embossing and cutting the baby shoes out and popping them up.  I really like how they turned out, especially the "cute boy" cards!  I'll let you know if the doctor's office likes the idea or not.  I may come home with a bunch of baby cards.  Know anyone having a baby?


All of the supplies are from Stampin' Up!  Here's what I used: 

Paper:  Very Vanilla 
Stamps:  Baby, We've Grown 
Inks:  Pink Pirouette; Bashful Blue 
Miscellaneous:  Stampin' Dimensionals; Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon; Bashful Blue Satin Ribbon; Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder; Square Lattice Embossing Folder; Deco Labels Framelits; Big Shot

Check back tomorrow for another baby card that is to die for!  I giggled while I was making them!

Update:  WOO HOO!  Our OB/GYN was so appreciative of the baby cards I made!  He asked me how much they were and I told him I was giving them to him and to just enjoy them.  He agreed that it would be really nice if he and his staff signed the card and sent it to a new mom!  When he runs out, I would love it if he hired me to make more.  I'll keep my fingers crossed!

No comments: