Friday, February 10, 2017

My Love Affair With Jars

Happy Friday!  I love it when the weekend rolls around.  My family is all home and everything feels right with the world!  I've been wanting to tell you about my recent love affair with jars.  I just can't get enough of them.  I made some for Christmas gifts and just recently made some for Valentine's Day, and I'm already thinking about St. Patrick's Day and Easter.  Use a jar that has a screw lid.  I've tried Mason jars, but I prefer jars that have a single piece for the lid.  Drill a hole in the center, spray paint the lid whatever color you'd like, and then add a beautiful drawer knob to make it look beautiful!  If you have a knob that is flat, you can Super Glue it to the lid, eliminating the need for drilling.  My dear husband drills the holes for me and is even kind enough to cut down the screw so it doesn't show on the inside of the jar, but if your husband isn't willing, flat knobs work!  Of course attaching an adorable tag finishes the project off nicely.  Here are several I made for Christmas gifts using a round crystal knob, a diamond-shaped crystal knob, and an oblong crystal knob.  They are perfect for hostess gifts.  What I like about jar projects is that you can save your own jars.  Spaghetti sauce jars and jelly jars are perfect.  I have a nice little stash going of jars I'm saving for future projects.  I'm telling you, I'm in love with this!

 





Aren't they fun?  I made a canister set that I put Christmas candy in.  The red canisters look cute with Valentine's Day candy, too!


I also painted some lids for Valentine's Day and they are super-cute!  This can be a relatively inexpensive gift, unless you use expensive knobs or candy, but they are special because you made them yourself!  The tags finish it off perfectly.

 
Have a wonderful weekend!  Try making some jars yourself and share them with me.  I'd love to see what you come up with!
 


No comments: